On 12 May 2016, the NSW Government dissolved Palerang Council and the new Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council was proclaimed. Mr Tim Overall has been appointed as the Administrator for the Council until the Local Government Elections on 9 September 2017.
Mr Overall can be contacted in the following ways:
Telephone - 0410 530 681 or 6285 6223 (work)
Email - email@example.com
Local Representation Committee
Eight former councillors from the former Queanbeyan City and Palerang councils have been appointed to the Queanbeyan-Palerang Local Representation Committee.
The Committee will be chaired by former Palerang Mayor, Pete Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org - 6238 3640 or 0427 711 028) and will include:
- Peter Bray AM (Deputy Chair) - email@example.com
- Paul Cockram - firstname.lastname@example.org - 0417 459 775
- Jamie Cregan - email@example.com - 0423 379 455
- Trevor Hicks - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Schweikert - email@example.com
- Trudy Taylor - firstname.lastname@example.org - 0404 009 679
- Sue Whelan OAM - email@example.com - 6297 5063 or 0414 895324
The role of the Committee will be to:
- Provide advice on local views and issues
- Provide input to the Operational Plans 2016-17 and 2017-18
- Advise on the communication and engagement plan for the community
- Provide input to the statement of vision and priorities
- Assist to engagement communities and partners in planning for the new council
Members of the Committee will also assist the Administrator in participation on certain statutory, regional, Section 355 and organisational committees as well as panels.